|Forum Home > General Discussion > STUDENTdirect - Sponsorship Guidelines|
STUDENTdirect (Underwriting Best Practices)
Here are five core question sets for each team member to consider:
1. Why do I need funds from other individuals or agencies?
2. What organization, mission or program am I advocating? Plus, ask oneself "who am I as a person and member of the group I am advocating?"
3. Why are you contacting the specific prospect? What will their support accomplish for the donor? community? advocacy group or cause? nation?
4. How much do you need? How much and when (e.g. amount, "king of giving",frequency of giving, etc.) do you need support?
5. Ask, "Would the donor like to see or visit the advocacy program in action?"
Whatever the outcome immediately thank the prospect for her/his time and consideration.
Financial Goal: _________________________
STUDENTdirect Publications provides opportunities for local organizations, non-profits and businesses to become underwriters. Underwriters provide the financial support needed to produce the project and help give students exceptional hands-on experience. Underwriters receive promotional spots on STUDENTdirect Publications telecasts, webcasts, and podcasts. Underwriters are also listed on the mySTUDENTdirect website. Promotional spots can be produced for you if your organization does not have a pre-produced spot. Below is some additional information and samples.
Tax deductible donation
Display of company logo and link on Haunted House website’s sponsors area
Affiliation with Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High School
Display of company logo on Haunted House brochure given to guest at event
Media attention from press that attends and promotes event.
All the benefits of the bronze level
Display of company logo on sponsor Haunted House fliers and posters.
Invited to attend all Haunted House production set-ups
Receive Haunted House updates and newsletters via email about the progress of the Haunted House
All the benefits of the bronze and silver levels
Priority consideration for all ERHS professional events
Invited to special thank you event for sponsorships
Invited to behind-the-scenes guided sneak peek at the Haunted House the day of the event
Feel free to ask me questions, I am very familiar with this topic.
Joshua Chit Tun
STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation, Chairman