STUDENTdirect

"Initiating Community Action"

Discussions

Forum Home > STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation > Guidelines, Policies, Protocols

Joshua Chit Tun, Chairman
Administrator

The following references, outlines, and documents should help format policymaking for the Board members of the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation, Chairman

(626) 787-5362

ChitTun@mySTUDENTdirect.com

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Key documents from 2012:

1. August 28 TCB TV & Radio - Studentdirect & fundraising update.doc
  2. STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation 6 month Timeline.docx
  3. STUDENTdirect Cal State La chapter- Minutes 7-19-2012.pdf
  4. STUDENTdirect Foundation Meeting Minutes 7-27-12.docx
  5. Chairman Joshua Chit Tun 8-22-12 Report.docx
  6. Press Release (Non-profits).docx
  7. STUDENTdirectorgConstitution.doc
  8. Dr. Conner STUDENTdirect.me reference
--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Referenced in 2012, as you can see outlined STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation's potential in a variety of areas:

I.       STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation

A.     ERHS Haunted House

1.      Will be the first of many events to come to raise funds for our cause, “Reduce senior dues thru scholarships. Organize students to make a change for themselves and their peers.”

2.      In line with our overall fundraising strategy, Stages 1 thru 3.

3.      Adjusting schedule to prep prior to day of event. In discussion with Auxiliaries 2188 to relocate Wednesday meeting to another location to allocate more prep time for ERHS S.C.O.

4.      The following are recognized as community partners: ERHS S.C.O., STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation, STUDENT direct Organization Cal State LA, chapter, and  Fraternal Order of Eagles 2188.

5.      In discussion Kiwanis, Rotary International, and Associated Students Incorporated.

6.      The following are recognized as sponsors: STUDENT direct Organization Cal State LA, chapter, STUDENT direct Organization Glendale Community College, chapter, STUDENT direct Organization Pasadena City College, chapter, STUDENT direct Organization Mt. SAC, chapter, STUDENT direct Organization Cal State Northridge, chapter, STUDENT direct Organization Eagle Rock High, chapter, STUDENT direct Organization Woodbury University, chapter, Ramon Barajas III, and Joshua Chit Tun.

7.      1st set of funds will be released thru STUDENT direct Organization Eagle Rock High, chapter limited to allocated amount of $250.

B.     Christopher Lara – Happy Medium Entertainment

1.      Proposes that via STUDENTdirect we contact the Fraternal and Sorority Organizations and utilize his network to coordinate large scale events.

2.      20% of proceeds will be donated to a charitable cause.

3.      STUDENTdirect will have its branding.

4.      Artists will be the likes of members of the Black Eyed Peas.

5.      Dj’s will be the likes of the Electronic Dance Movement.

6.      Guest appearances will be the likes of Paris Hilton.

7.      This is all dependent on scheduling and availability.

8.      Utilized school funds reserved for events as startup costs. Initial costs will be reduced due to Christopher Lara.

9.      If events prove successful we can continue and scale this at other colleges.

10.   I propose if this model proves consistent to scale this to the High School system in line with our cause “Reducing senior dues thru scholarships. Organizing students to make a change for themselves and their peers.”

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Executive Summary:

I am bewildered on how the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation a GROUP STARTED BY STUDENTS FOR STUDENTS which was only incorporated as of November 2012 of last year has accomplished so much within these 10 months, however this is only the beginning as much of what we accomplished was through the students via our chapters in a variety of schools. Most recently the foundation has been assigned a tax id, and within the next 3 months we will be fully tax exempt which means we will be eligible for multi-million dollar grants.

STUDENTdirect is not a group designed to fail. Currently in our portfolio we have multiple programs, non-profits, for profits, initiatives, (we meet multiple funding criteria(s)), we've launched several successful campaigns to help others, and we have a growing infrastructure of facilities, volunteers, interns, professionals, and partnered organizations. Also we are growing internationally as select students around the world are starting their own STUDENTdirect International Chapter, but most importantly this was started by students.

If you dnt know what STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation is, please browse the fb page via www.STUDENTdirect.me (share whatever content you like, the Foundation would appreciate the support) Note we have not gone public but we intend to in the last quarter of this year, 2013. Within a 24 hour period we have reached over 66,774 people on fb. Those numbers are quite small, but we've only just begun.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Executive Summary:

Peggy Riddle and Antezana Brian, I have just learned that STUDENTdirect in Nigeria has launched and expanded to 3 other countries. This is quite impressive considering the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation was only established last year on Nov. 7th.

In 2014 I will take on a new role as Superintendent of STUDENTdirect International. Of the 3 major community organizations I feel most comfortable with Kiwanis International as for expanding to other continents.

However I do feel limited as the Foundation is currently only temporarily tax exempt. Without a doubt I know that I can secure 5 million us dollars within 6 months after we are tax exempt.

I feel we are limiting are key supporters around the world, in this context Bola-Ige Alabi Efeshodiamhe.

Rhett Kaufusi as of this month we have a solid influence on the most strategic universities in California, what is to follow is mere formalities.

Next month likewise with key high schools. As for the midwest consider it already done, schools to note would be the ones with a great sports program/ culture. In January we will be focused on reaching out to the Ivy League schools to help with international expansion, to conclude I expect all protocols to be submitted by Jan. 14.

Looking forward to your brilliance. If you and Brian finish the tax paperwork and international operation protocols and guidelines based off our current working model for greater Los Angeles, I will get the necessary funds to make this organization run as you all have envisioned it.

As for what funds are needed it will be the following: Leadership Diversity Development Workshops, Initiating Community Action, STUDENTdirect Studios, and the STUDENTdirect Youth Initiative in its entirety.

To conclude I have a hunch that Glendale Rotary will be instrumental as mentors in this process as they have already done what we wish to do.

An example of what we are accomplishing with our leadership diversity development workshops:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.533253600082636.1073741835.168989816509018&type=1

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 13, 2014 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Addressed to:

Antezana Brian, Bola-Ige Alabi Efeshodiamhe, Gagan Bisla, Christina Gasparian, Danielle Peterson

Some info regarding STUDENTdirect International. Follow up with Brian in regards to specifics, as well guidelines with coordinating and communicating to international chapters. This will all be possible through the @mySTUDENTdirect.com and skype accounts, both of which is already integrated in our personalized @mySTUDENTdirect.com Outlook (Microsoft).

Please digest the links as well as the tabs Main, Info, Photos, and Videos before contacting Brian.

http://www.mystudentdirect.org/apps/profile/81782166/

Thank you.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

mySTUDENTdirect Productions

http://www.mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/blog/show/13737768-mySTUDENTdirect-productions

Via wix an additional website will be created to showcase current projects, etc. Once a good majority of the schools are involved with the program a web forum similar to youtube will be created where students affiliated with mySTUDENTdirect Productions can submit their content.

List of Current Projects:

1) Jacques Bolsey Project - Christopher Lara (Producer) - Happy Medium Entertainment (Lead Production Unit)

For Info: http://www.mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/blog/show/13175836-the-jacques-bolsey-project

2) I Should Be on TV - Derrick Gary (Executive Producer) - mySTUDENTdirect Productions (Lead Production Unit) in association with MODELdirect.me and ARTiSTdirect.me

Interviews of those in the industry and those who do the arts, music video inserts, video blogs, and reels, and comedy sketches are the basic segments and highlights of the show.

Interview reference: http://artistdirectaffiliatesnetwork.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/16322457-I-should-be-on-tv-valley-view

Music Video Reference:

http://mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/videos/videos/show/15067241-dajon-cal-state-la-chapter

Comedy Sketch: Video Spoof

http://mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/videos/videos/show/15067236-derrick-gary-cal-state-la-chapter

**The previous references were done when we had very limited resources, no multi-media studio, and funding was limited to what I or Derrick Gary could provide.**

3) mySTUDENTdirect "Your News. Your Cause." - Jeffrey Valdivieso (Executive Producer) - mySTUDENTdirect Productions (Lead Production Unit) in association with STUDENTdirect.me

Interviews and follow ups of student leaders, business leaders, and community leaders. It will reference anything of importance such as the Eco 2 (Car project) where Cal State LA was awarded x amount of dollars to redevelop their green car from previous semesters and any other events of importance. This will be a talk show forum for community orgs, non-profits, student orgs, & educational institutions to promote themselves, their cause, and their news. Music videos, video logs, and reels will be featured that are student related such as when the college puts on a dance production or when the high school has a battle of the bands, play production, concert, etc.. Other news we would cover is events like Comic Con, etc.

We will be partnering with local newspapers, high school newspapers, and college newspapers as contributing editors and likewise vice versa, this way there will always be content and the STUDENTdirect brand will have a larger imprint. This will be handled by the Directors of Marketing of each STUDENT direct Organization, chapter.

4) ERHS Battle of the Bands 2012: The Rise or Fall

We are tentatively in production for a dvd release of all the exclusives and behind the scenes of each band that participated. Proceeds will be allocated to fund the trip of which ERHS drama dept. has been selected to participate in. I believe it is the Fringe Fest in Edinborough, Scotland. This is high honours for the school.

We are also in production for an album release, proceeds will go to the same benefit. This is in association with MECA Entertainment a program of the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation and ARTiSTdirect.me an official sponsor of the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation.

March 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

5) From the Sounds Within - L.V. Smith (Executive Producer)

In line with our mission to improve content on Public Access we are selecting various shows from various public access network and improving their content. In a years time this will prove effective for mySTUDENTdirect Productions in improving and content managing public access at large and further distribution control. This will lead to the formation of mySTUDENTdirect Studios and validate its existence. The formula, associate producers from mySTUDENTdirect Productions will come as staff for these public access programs further production unit will be staffed by STUDENTdirect Interns for camera operations, lighting, sound, etc.

This will be coordinated by school chapters under the management of the VP of Operations and the Directors of Operations. Everything the STUDENT direct Organization does is scalable and auditable, and we expect each chapter to maintain the minimum requirements. Chapters progress from beta to alpha, alpha chapters produces membership and funds and a territorial imprint for the Foundation. Beta chapters are basic organizational structure and informs the community that the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation exists.

6) From the Heart Productions will be our fiscal sponsor in film related projects tentatively Fall 2012. In summary this organization will help secure grants and any other sources of funding. Further thru the organizations network, mySTUDENTdirect Productions under the direction of its President will choose which filmmakers to work with, this is reserved only for films to be submitted to Festivals and of filmmakers who already have such works been featured at such festivals. This is the general rule, however at the President's direction can choose to do otherwise if its strategic for the Foundation.

mySTUDENTdirect Productions as a co-production unit will provide one of two things, additional staffing thru its internship program or funding. Truly this is an unfair competitive advantage however with this strategy students in general will feel that they have made a major contribution and branded a name that will have influence in the Film industry and future indies. Experts have agreed with my thought process on this and further will support it as mySTUDENTdirect Productions hits certain benchmarks.

7) Slumdogs and Millionaires - Daniel Schwartz (Executive Producer)

This will be in association with multiple non-profits that deals with animal abuse in general, and the focus of the show is literally connecting slumdogs with millionaires. The show at heart is about human emotions. We feel this will raise significance awareness for the Foundation and increase of charitable giving. We will allocate proceeds to further fund the operations of such non-profits.

**This is inline with mySTUDENTdirect Productions producing multi-media content for non-profits**

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Summary: 6 month timeline

In the months of June mySTUDENTdirect Productions will produce the pilots "I Should Be on Tv" and mySTUDENTdirect "Your News. Your Cause." Administration will finish revisions on all documents and manuals and policies pertaining to the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation. July all board of directors of the Foundation will be finalyzed and orientated. Public Service Announcements shall be produced as well as video orientations and video training material in accordance to the manuals. June and July develop a list of community supporters and mail in contribution request at ($50). Target number should be 200 community supporters, we have already been the recipient of several grants, as well we have two significant donors, a well balanced board of directors, and soon to be audit/ financial policy to put into effect. Following which agreements with significant corporate sponsors will be proposed and submitted.

August will pertain to adjustments and leadership training for STUDENT direct Org chapters. September will be advertisement of the Foundation via print and online publications as well radio and television ads in association with the ad council and charter communications. October in association with ERHS STUDENTdirect will help organize and assist in the Haunted House, a highly anticipated event. We plan to have 20 STUDENT direct chapters (schools) involved, as well as select reputable organizations. This is in benefit to ERHS graduating class of 2013.

Following this event I truly believe that many organizations, government agencies, and corporations will be drafting arrangements for future projects with the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation. Further it will give the portfolio necessary for the Foundation to go national and in 2013 international.

In general, groups that the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation should work with are as such the Rotary International. Our focus is to assist them with Rotaract and Interact (student clubs). This is their college and high school extension program.

Foundations that I want to work with is the Donal T. Sterling Charitable Foundation. This month he has a few speaking engagements with the Rotary of Los Angeles, but in general, each year his Foundation gives millions of dollars to educational non-profits and schools.

As for my involvement my goal is to develop a solid portfolio for the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation in order to meet grant eligibility requirements, so in the future a meeting can be scheduled with such board members of the Mac Arthur Foundation. ( http://www.macfound.org/programs/learning/ )

To conclude end result, a substantial multi-million dollar grant to put the Foundation on the same road map as the Salvation Army and Red Cross.

Currently I am only in discussion with the Mac Arthur Foundation for a small grant for the Jacques Bolsey Project, but in general everyone has a part to play and as time progresses so will the organization. Though maybe right now these goals may seem lofty, I am confident in the people who believe in this.

I will be diligent in ensuring that a majority of these benchmarks be met within a 12 month timeline.

Further STUDENTdirect.me, Inc. will be going through its stages of investments in the months following November, and will be providing a very unique experience for how students, non-profits, businesses, and communities connect. This social media will prove advantagious for the STUDENT direct Organization and its affiliates both in operation and finance.

Look forward to a very productive summer.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Executive Summary:

Looking back this was one of the first events we were involved with before the following, Initiating Community Action became an official volunteer program of the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation.

http://www.mystudentdirect.org/apps/blog/show/15108897-i-c-a-s-2nd-annual-margarita-sale-

This all started simply with a matching grant, hence why I stress events and campaigns with matching grants. If your group is doing such hard work, why not ask for matching grants.

By May the company that I am a consultant of wants to create a fund to sponsor events and campaigns, to streamline this I will be creating online forms that potential sponsors can access via MATCHdirect. Ideally by then volunteers and leadership should be comfortable with securing sponsors.

To conclude the Foundation will be setting up two accounts per chapter with Bank of America. Each chapter's primary account will have a limit of $3,000 and a secondary account the savings which will treat more as a trust account of which we will set no limits except in the way it is managed.

Of accounts that exceed over $250,000 the Foundation will have it managed by the Financial Advisors of New York Life and Chase.

Further the following chapters will qualify from the Foundation for a startup grant of $3,000 once the proper paperwork is submitted: Eagle Rock High School I.C.A., San Pedro Senior High School I.C.A., UCLA I.C.A., USC I.C.A., Pasadena City College I.C.A., and Glendale Community College I.C.A.

Moving forward in this context we will begin communications with the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, Lady Gaga Foundation, and the Bank of America Foundation in the areas of youth and student leadership in early March. I believe by having this mindset and instilling this cultural behavior amongst other volunteers Summer 2014 will be limitless. The chapters who are most organized will receive additional grants for providing adequate volunteers when we move forward with our emergency relief operations as early as May.

Thank you, much appreciation.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Executive Summary:

2014 in regards to STUDENTdirect will be engaging for many of our volunteers. Something to look forward to is the launch of our new site. It will improve communications and reporting and also allow us to mobilize our international chapters into one cohesive effort as we aim to solve the many problems faced by third world communities.

We believe the problems are systematic and induced by cultural behavior, so one of our many steps is advocating education and leadership, simply put plant the seed, the change wnt happen today, as our c.o.o. puts it let their students at their schools be the change, who knows how to solve the problems better than their children, their students. Without doubt this will put a financial burden on the Foundation, but it is well worth it and I am confident that through our strategic partner JB Community Group we will overcome any obstacle thrown our direction. I put all my faith in the many volunteers we have worldwide.

In order to move forward we are also securing a blog platform in order to share our stories, what works and doesnt work as we become more involved with the community. It is also the ideal place for our sponsors to benefit as we brand how involved such groups are in our community / youth projects. In addition we will further be promoting the performing and visual arts as our college volunteers create after school programs in conjunction with their high school counterparts. It is my hope we can take the arts to the middle schools.

Clearly this is all a work in progress but I know this is just a highlight of what to anticipate in 2014.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Reference Sheet:

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 19, 2014 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

mySTUDENTdirect Publications

http://www.mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/blog/show/13737705-mySTUDENTdirect-publications

At previous meetings we felt the importance of the Foundation having its own publication division. This began in April and already we are partnering with various school publications. Further content will be crossfed to both news medium (schools and mySTUDENTdirect) as well as advertisement. The advertisement exposure we will gain will just add to the momentum Fall 2012.

The other benchmark to work towards is that the college journalism program agrees that when students have a choice to progress that interning with or contributing articles to mySTUDENTdirect Publications can be credited as a school assignment as how it is already with the schools newspaper and magazine.

The current web forum for mySTUDENTdirect Publications is http://www.mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/blog/

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

In reference to increasing market share and generating revenue:

Chairman Joshua Chit Tun’s Report: 8/1/2012
I. STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation
A. ERHS Haunted House
1. The venue has been secured for the 13th of October as well days prior
to setup and the day after to clean up.
2. Was not able to secure a grant of $250 from the Aeries 2188
3. Foundation must secure $400 to pay for security personal as well
event insurance for day of event.
4. Tickets will have the STUDENTdirect.me logo.

B. STUDENTdirect Volunteers
1. Community Orgs have requested that we provide volunteers for their
fundraisers. This is good for the organization as for cross promotional
purposes as well it identifies us with our mission to help those orgs in
our community making a difference.
2. We will work towards having our branding for these community
fundraisers, as a sponsor we can provide the following: event
consultation, event management, event staffing, and event promotion.

C. Incorporation
1. We are in the process of incorporation. Once interviews and
orientations of Board Members are finalized we will incorporate thru
legal zoom.
2. We will set up a mailing address and P.O. Box thru the Pasadena Post
Office on Catalina and Colorado.
3. When funds permit we will set up a virtual office thru Premier Business
Center. This will be a $300 monthly lease.

II. STUDENT direct Organization
A. Manuals
1. The manuals for leadership is still being formatted and revised.
Outlines for each position, procedures for activities , projects, and
events, templates of agendas and minutes, as well as reports, and
structure of communication will be included in the format.
2. Next week we should have a complete draft of the STUDENTdirect
Leadership manual and How to Run the STUDENT direct Orgs.

B. STUDENTdirect Chapters
1. Cal State LA, STUDENTdirect Chapter
a. Meetings take place regularly on Thursdays at 2pm at the Student
Union.
b. They have an Executive Council Committee.
c. They are starting the recruitment and interview process.
d. They have select projects in mind and will submit a proposed
budget.
e. They had their first social which took place at Latin Ballroom
venue. The venue offered free bachata classes and had no cover.

2. Glendale Community College, STUDENTdirect Chapter
a. They have an Executive Council Committee.
b. They are considering possible candidates for VP positions.
c. Their project is to unite the student orgs at their college to focus on
key service projects as one, and further raise awareness how
effective student orgs are one working as one.
d. Will support the STUDENTdirect Performing and Visual Arts Project
by submitting a CPS Application to secure funds to conduct the
Leadership Diversity Development Workshops.
e. Is assisting in establishing a Rotaract Club at GCC.

3. Pasadena City College, STUDENTdirect Chapter
a. Selecting those to serve on the Executive Council Committee.
b. Recruitment strategy is to partner with reputable student orgs on
their campus and focus on one cause, once fundraiser. VPS for
this chapter most likely will be the leaders of the other larger
student orgs.
c. Will support the STUDENTdirect Performing and Visual Arts Project
by securing the funds for dance instructors and sponsoring the
workshops conducted by Candela, the “Salsa Club” on campus.
d. Officers have been in discussion of hosting a Masquerade Ball.

4. STUDENTdirect Extensions
a. Eagle Rock High School (Senior Class Officers)
b. Fountain Valley High School
c. Woodbury University
d. Mt. Sac College
e. Silverado High School
f. Victor Valley College
g. Cal State Northridge
h. East LA Community College
i. Los Angeles Valley College

5. Subscriptions
a. Streamline our services into subscriptions and if possible create a
Costco package as an incentive for students to enjoy, for example
a STUDENTdirect.me business card, an exclusive calendar and
magazine mailed to their address, and email invites to our mansion
and charity ball events.
b. We can also work towards partnering with the Rotary International
and Kiwanis International and as part of the subscription fee they
get membership to Rotaract and Interact clubs as well as Circle K
and Key Club. These membership includes many benefits.
c. Subscriptions gives access to the many workshop series each
chapter conduct for example such as the workshops we do in
dance, music, photography, film, etc.
d. Subscriptions are mandatory if a student would like to apply for a
STUDENTdirect leadership position.
e. We propose that the subscription fee be $15. This is subject to
change.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Research I formatted to streamline international operations and how it applies to our chapters.

• http://www.ringcentral.com/ (Cloud business solution for a centralized call center.)
  • http://www.webs.com (Our current solution for data management, by leveraging technology we can better mobilize and motivate volunteers, as well have an organized data entry center that is easy to utilize so orgs and their leadership can always keep us informed of their progress as a STUDENTdirect International, chapter.)
  • http://www.zoho.com/creator/lp/business-app.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=330x250&utm_campaign=Biz-App&gclid=COHSnMbCl7wCFQxqfgodS18ARQ (We always have volunteers on location on a variety of assignments, thru this platform entering data and having it organized makes it easy for us to track and organize information as it comes anywhere in the world. This is a business app development solution.)
  • http://snapengage.com/live-chat-features/# (This enables us to provide live support on our sites from headquarters so we may better assist our constituents and supporters. Once this is set up, live support can respond to your needs and navigate you to what is relevant on our sites to your unique issue. For generic issues we would have responses archived in the FAQ section of the site.)
  • http://www.SCHOLARdirect.me (We've merged godaddy's forwarding service to Microsoft's robust outlook email service. From here you can activate your personalized @mySTUDENTdirect.com email address as well as set up a skype account via the skype social plugin. Both are products of Microsoft. Brian Antezana, STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation's C.O.O. has been advocating for this since the beginning of 2013 of which the majority of the year he spent troubleshooting. Thanks to his perserverence we can now communicate clearly from headquartes to any chapter in any part of the world via email, voice, and video. All official communications is sent to @mySTUDENTdirect.com. Parents who have children who are under 18 can monitor their student's @mySTUDENTdirect account. We encourage transperancy in our international organization. We strive for professionalism, so we hope you appreciate and understand the measures we have taken.)
  • http://www.POSTdirect.me (This url address is a shortcut that you can share with anyone to access our help center where you will find forms and manuals that will help you with your day to day operations as a chapter of an international organization. Our operation manuals will be in one note format making it easy to digest and navigate through, further the forms will be archived appropriately and accessible to leadership. We dare not waste paper so literally volunteers, participants, and subscribers can enter info directly to the mySTUDENTdirect.org site, once more streamlining operations.)
  • http://www.twilio.com/sms (As STUDENTdirect International continues to grow and we have a duty to respond faster to our organization's leaders, volunteers, supporters, subscribers, and constituents we would need to improve on our direct communications (Office / Command Center to Leadership, Leadership to Organizer, Organizer to Coordinators, Coordinators to Volunteers, Volunteers to Advisors, Advisors (teachers) back to Foundation/ Command Center). It is not our policy to encourage volunteers to exchange personal contact info in the context of anything STUDENTdirect, etc. so currently we've communicated via email, fb group pages, and our advisors, (the snail form of communication) however this must change as this is not an efficient form of communication. How do you do this without comprimising security, by not having anyones information it creates risks, but at the same time risks is created when volunteers have access to each and everyone's info. Keep in mind we encourage students to work together despite the differences in age, ethnicity, education, and social status but moving forward we want to make clear that any communications with STUDENTdirect is archived and reviewable by the Board, further any personal communication is what it is, since we as an organization have provided multiple ways to communicate officially as STUDENTdirect International. With twilio we believe we can improve communication without compromising security. The @mySTUDENTdirect.com archives emails. Skype archives messages. We encourage voice calls through skype but not video unless its an official video conference. Further with twilio we can directly send texts to volunteers from any labtop or mobile device whether at headquarters or on assignment. This feature can be managed in so many ways. Utilizing cloud computed technology our organization can better communicate which means improved operations, bottom line: we can better serve our constituents while minimizing our organization's liability.)

Thank you, please contact me directly if you have any questions or would like to follow up in this matter, between us (STUDENTdirect International), your student group or chapter. We value feedback.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

STUDENTdirect International

Leadership Diversity Development Workshops:

1. Thru dance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn-ttNui6As&feature=relmfu
  2. Thru educators - http://www.mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=145970383
  3. Thru student peers - http://www.mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=146466593
  4. Thru community outreach - http://www.mySTUDENTdirect.org/apps/videos/videos/show/15574170-armenian-dance-performance-part-1
  5. Thru events -
--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Break Free @ Teen Center:

Antezana Brian, Judit Leyva, and Monica Barry in regards to the afterschool program in dance of which I want to refer to as "Break Free" the teen center could be a great location as well it could be used for other scenarios such as meetups, etc.

http://www.mystudentdirect.org/apps/blog/show/13264366-the-teen-center

There open from 3-5pm mondays thru fridays, so at convenience drop them a visit and say hi to the person in charge and see what plans they have for this year and if there are any mutual interests in their plans and our plans.

Thanx.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 20, 2014 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Addressed To:

Antezana Brian, Bola-Ige Alabi Efeshodiamhe, Danielle Peterson, Christina Gasparian, Ruby Khachatur, Judit Leyva, Monica Barry

Please read both articles when you can, thought there maybe some overlapping areas in what we are already doing with STUDENTdirect.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 20, 2014 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Initiating Community Action "Youth Forum"

Ruby Khachatur, just to give you background info on what Ian is doing with his Foundation.

http://act.mtv.com/posts/interview-ian-somerhalder-foundation/

He has a major emphasis on bullying and mobilizing the youth. Browse our timeline https://www.facebook.com/pages/STUDENTdirect-Charitable-Foundation/168989816509018 to get a good gist of what we've been doing with schools within LA County.

Since STUDENTdirect is all about the youth and the community from this point on our school chapters will be operating under the name Initiating Community Action. The I.C.A. group as you know it is now an official program of the STUDENTdirect Charitable Foundation thanks to Alex Tamrazian.

The tentative event in November is appropriately titled Initiating Community Action "Youth Forum"

We hope to put this event on with Taking Action Against Child Abuse, Circle K At Gcc, Gcc Leo, and others at Glendale Community College on an early sat. afternoon in November catering to multiple middle schools, high schools, and youth programs. It will be a news worthy event.

STUDENTdirect Production's Operations VP is Antezana Brian.

Besides you I will be having Melina Vahanyan and Lorenzo Byers helping with communications with other celebrity groups such as Lady Gaga's Foundation, Joyful Heart Foundation, Edutopia, and Core Cause Foundation.

Looking forward in making this a success.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Administrator

Multi Ethni Cultural Association:

This is a brief look / accounting of how we started and where we are now:

The origin of the STUDENT direct Organization began as the Multi Ethnic Cultural Association at Pasadena City College where over 700 students enrolled in 3 days and with a budget of $3,500 we threw the largest event the college has had organized by students. This took place in Spring 2007. Over 500 guests attended the annual "A Night of Cultural Diversity" as time progressed the organization grew to multiple outlets as other groups merged with M.E.C.A. and in Spring 2010 not only did we have the Multi Ethnic Cultural Association, we also had MECA Entertainment, Mecaninian Dance Academy, MECA Performing and Visual Arts, and American Society for Arts. This took place in multiple schools.

This was all under the non-profit International Multi Cultural Education Association of which a friend of mine donated $120,000 in Fall 2010. On December 2010, I incorporated STUDENT direct Corporation. The months to follow the STUDENTdirect Charitable Fundation went into development of which I and Christopher Cha donated on behalf of STUDENT direct Corporation. Besides the Foundation, in development was STUDENTdirect.me, MODELdirect.me, and ARTISTdirect.me. In the summer of 2011 I was mentored by season veterans of silicon valley of which I have gained tremendous insight to funding and business formation, likewise my team. To conclude because of the Multi Ethnic Cultural Association we have progressed this far, so it seems fair that each program have its own Executive Director and funding.

Further these programs should be recognized as much as the divisions of the Foundation. With the proper leadership and training program everything else will fall into place. (benchmarks being met, additional funding secured, increase in membership)

In Fall 2012 the Multi Ethnic Cultural Association has a great opportunity to once more conduct Leadership Diversity Development Workshops, this will be tentatively in partnership with the LA County Library. It will be piloted amongst a few branches before being expanded to all 87 LA County Branch Libraries. (Benchmark) These workshops will build up to one of our annual events for instance "A Night of Cultural Diversity". In the future I would hope that the Multi Ethnic Cultural Association in addition to workshop and cultural showcases can organize and sponsor various cultural festivals at both colleges and high schools.

--

Joshua Chit Tun

(626) 787-5362

www.mySTUDENTdirect.org

March 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.